Friday, September 7, 2012

Confessions of a Money Unconsious Person


I started my career nearly a decade ago, with a minimal salary. I was struggling to make both ends meet, and my hope was that any moment I will get a good job and all my problems will be solved. However, It took nearly Seven years to get that dream job and cross my salary Five digits.

To my astonishment, I found that as my salary increases, the expenses are also going up. Whatever salary I got, it disappears by end of month latest, and mostly by middle of the month. I am still struggling to make both ends meet.

This puzzled me. Why am I always struggling for money? Finally I decided to find a solution by using the most common method software engineers use to solve problems, by googling!

So I googled "how to get rich". I got thousands of links, and to my disappointment, all are saying about saving money and getting rich. What a foolishness! It will take years to accumulate little money and get rich. Is there no easy way?

Then one link in Google results got my attention. It was a review of a book called "Rich Dad, Poor Dad". It reads "Poor think The love of money is the root of all evil, while rich think The lack of money is the root of all evil" (writing from my memory). Even though, I was skeptical about the idea of saving and getting rich gradually, the innovative thought attracted me. I purchased that book and read it.

Then onwards, I started to think about money seriously. and of course, without the guilt feeling. I realized there is no short cut to get rich.

Once I started understanding these things, one thing most astonished me was why no one told me about this so far. Some people gave me lazy advices like "you should save", but no one told me the importance of that. But then I was playing a blind eye toward financial things. In newspapers, TVs, books, blogs every where lot of financial articles were there, but I was simply skipping those. Thinking not for me!

Once I realized the mistake, I thought I should tell others about this to avoid my mistakes by them. You can find thousands of blogs by experts on financial management, but I am no expert. Still don't know meaning of many financial jargon. So, I can think and write in the level of thousands like me.

Have a nice day.

Image courtesy: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment